Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nothing to See Here, People

Good evening.

I don't have much to say, but I'm super bored and don't want to start homework yet.  Maybe I'll see if I can go a whole semester without ever reading a thing.  Not a bad idea.

In order to waste time, I'm going to write you a small list of things that I have learned since getting to Boston.

Here goes:

1 - Ciabatta bread (including rolls) gets stale SUPER fast.
2 - Van Morrison's song Allow Me is phenomenal music for long walks.
3 - I'ma be alright without a car.  In fact, I'm kinda glad I don't have one.
4 - I miss London.
5 - There is no Little Caesar's here.  Kill me.
6 - I have pieced together too much build-it-yourself furniture in my life.  I didn't even look for directions.
7 - Richard Wilbur's "Boy at the Window" is my newest 'favorite' poem.
8 - I can eat two pounds of animal crackers in one sitting.  (Probly more--I only had two pounds)
9 - Boston is full of interesting people.  Even my furniture delivery guys were way cool.
10 - When sleeping multiple nights on a wood floor, a towel can make it a bit more comfortable.
11 - Banks close early in MA.
12 - I had been living a Bob Dylan quote and had no idea (see quote at top of blog).
13 - Any time you feel far away from home you can always buy a Big Mac.

Anyways, I'm rambling.
First poetry workshop with David Ferry is tomorrow morning.  Stoked.
Then I have to figure out health insurance.  Less than stoked.
But then I'll probly take a nap.  Stoked again.

Sweet dreams, world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment